Especially In the Winter...
- A wide range of cross-country skiing slopes in the heart of nature
embellishing the true freshness of this sport. Slopes are marked to
- Downhill skiing ranging from 1000-1600 metres including the Massif
des Tuffes and the Dôle. Discover the summit of the Dôle and
experience a majestic view over the mountain range and the famous
- Hiking with snow rackets on the many trails in the region
- Ice skating ring (covered)
- Land yachting, kit surf and open-air ice skating can all be done
on the frozen lake of Les Rousses during the Winter months.
- The Museum of Paul Emile Victor, a renowned French polar explorer
- The Museum of Boissellerie, a traditional museum that shows the
practical use of wood. This is a fun experience for those good with
their hands, D-I-Y or simply interested in the use of natural
- The Caves d' Affinage du Comté, this is essential for French-cheese-lovers.
Comté is a delicious hard cheese from the area and these caves show
the various stages and flavours of maturing.
- In addition to the above activities, the local tourist board can
help with further adventures and ideas on how to best enjoy your
stay in Les Rousses.
And in all Seasons...
This region of France is extraordinarily beautiful all year round.
No matter whether you enjoy hiking, horse riding, mountain biking,
golf or simply the mountain colours, Les Rousses can offer it all.
Following are just some of the activities that will be at your
fingertips, and again the tourist board can provide more help:
- The lakes of Rousse (2km) and Geneva (30km) provide access to all
types of water sports
- Horse riding stables and riding school
- 2 golf ranges of 18 holes
- Countryside trail walking
- Adventure sports and obstacle courses
- Children's entertainment centre